- Trump laid out an incredible vision for (and contract with) America, including:
- Specific actions to stimulate the American economy.
- Specific actions to restore security.
- Specific actions to protect American workers.
- Specific actions to clean up corruption in Washington DC.
On Saturday, October 22, 2016, Donald Trump laid out his vision for America at Gettysburg Virginia. This historic venue was quite fitting for such an incredible speech. Trump set the stage by generalizing the state of the race and then got into very specific policies to clean up Washington DC and stimulate the American economy.
In his address, he admitted that he was not a politician, but that he loves his country and he had to act by running for the President of our great nation. He began his speech by laying out the facts that one in four Americans are not working, 47 million people are in poverty, America gets into wars that last forever, and that we have our great veterans dying every day at a broken Veterans Administration.
He said that for our great country, change of this magnitude only comes once-in-a-lifetime, and that our political system is not only rigged against us, but it is down right broken and he is calling for immediate change before it’s too late.
Trump cited a Pew research study that showed there are 24 million registered voters with inaccurate information and 2.8 million registered voters in more than one state. He also said, that somehow, 14% of all illegal immigrants are registered to vote. If they’re here illegally, why are they allowed to vote? A question that plagues most Americans.
He also discussed what he feels is a corrupt FBI and Justice Department. He said that 39 times Hillary Clinton said the words “I do not recall” to the FBI. In fact, Mrs. Clinton deleted over 30,000 emails after receiving a subpoena from the United States Congress, and proceeded to lie to the American people when she testified in front of Congress. Trump went on to talk about a four-star general, James Cartwright, who is being charged with the mishandling of Classified information. He said that the General’s alleged crimes were far less severe than the laws broken by Mrs. Clinton, but the punishment will be much more severe for him. Do American laws simply not apply to Mrs. Clinton? Is she better than the rest of the American people? Why hasn’t she been punished?
He went on to discuss the mainstream media and the many fabricated stories they report on, without fully investigating. The media (for example) downplays the crowd size at his events while talking up the small crowds at Mrs. Clinton’s campaign events. He went on to say that all the women who came forward with accusations of sexual assault will all be dealt with in court after the election, because none of the allegations were true. Now, many in the media criticize Mr. Trump for bringing this up at such an important time in his campaign, but again, Mr. Trump is not a politician and felt he had to defend himself. My take on it is, if he had not brought it up, the media would’ve simply said that he was guilty because he didn’t. Probably a no-win situation for his campaign and a situation that he was probably better off defending. He ended his introduction by saying, “if they can do this to somebody like me with unlimited resources, just think what they could do to you.” This is a message, that quite right frankly should frighten us all about a Hillary Clinton presidency.
Trump then pivoted to the issues of the campaign, the important things the American people really need to think about. He called it a contract between Donald J. Trump and the American voter and it begins with bringing “honesty, accountability, and change” to Washington DC.
Trump’s 6 Measures To Clean Up Corruption and Collusion In Washington:
- A constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress.
- A hiring freeze on all federal workers to reduce the federal work force through. attrition. This freeze would not apply to the military, public safety, and public health workers.
- For every new federal regulation, two regulations must be eliminated.
- A five-year ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service.
- A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
- A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
Trump’s Seven Actions To Protect American Workers
- Renegotiate NAFTA.
- Withdraw from the Transpacific Partnership (TPP.)
- Label China a currency manipulator.
- End trade abuses with our trading partners immediately.
- Lift federal restrictions on energy including shale oil, natural gas, and clean coal.
- Allow Keystone pipeline and other energy infrastructure projects to move forward.
- Cancel billions of dollars in payments to the United Nations climate change program and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.
Trump’s Plan To Restore Security And Constitutional Rule Of Law
- Cancel every unconstitutional executive order, action, and memorandum issued by Pres. Obama.
- Begin the process to select a replacement for Justice Scalia whose wife has a Trump sign in her front yard!
- Cancel all federal funding of sanctuary cities.
- Remove the 2 million illegal immigrants from the country who committed violent crimes and felonies. He will also cancel visas to foreign countries who will not take them back.
- Suspend immigration from terror prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All people coming into our country will be considered to be under “extreme” vetting.
Trump’s Legislative Measures
- Middle-class tax relief and simplification act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy by 4% and add 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination new trade deals, regulatory reforms and lifting the restrictions on American energy will get us there. “The largest tax reforms are for the middle class who have been forgotten.”
- End the “Offshoring Act”… Establish tariffs on companies to discourage companies from laying off their workers when they relocate factories overseas. This would tax those companies. Editors note: Hillary Clinton hasn’t even mentioned this and honestly doesn’t care if our jobs move offshore.
- Pass the “America Infrastructure Act” which leverages public-private partnerships and private investments through tax incentives to re-invest a trillion dollars in America’s infrastructure over the next ten years.
- Pass the “School Choice and Opportunity Act” which re-directs education dollars to allow parents to send their children to the school of their choice. Also expands vocational and technical education.
- Pass the “Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act”… Replaces Obamacare with Health Savings Accounts and the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines. Also allows individual states manage Medicaid funds. Also speeds up the drug approval process safely.
- Pass the “Affordable Child Care and Elder Care Act”… Allows Americans to deduct child care and elder care from their taxes and incentivizes employers to provide on-site childcare. Also creates tax-free savings accounts for children and elderly dependents.
- Pass the “End Illegal Immigration Act.” This Act would fully fund the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that Mexico will reimburse United States for the cost of such a wall. It also establishes a two year mandatory minimum sentence for those who return after having been deported, and a five year minimum sentence for those who illegally re-enter after having been convicted of a felony, multiple misdemeanor convictions, or those who re-enter after two or more prior deportations. Also ensures that jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Pass the “Restoring Community Safety Act”… Creates a task force on violent crime and increases funding to train and assist local police.
- Pass the “Restoring our National Security Act”… Rebuilds our military and eliminates the Defense “sequester”… Also enables our military to select a VA clinic or a private doctor of their choice for care.
- Pass the “Clean Up Washington Corruption Act”… This act reduces the corrupt influence of special interests and donors on our politics.
Trump also addressed cyber security and the vetting of people into our country. He said that we need to make sure that people entering our country should share the same values as those of the American people. “We want to make America great and prosperous again.”