Let’s face it, anti-aging products are expensive, so start saving today by making your own anti-wrinkle eye cream. You’ll be pleasantly surprised how cheap the ingredients are and how effective homemade eye cream actually is. Just follow these simple instructions, keeping in mind that you will have leftover ingredients that you can use in the future, so be sure to have a variety of storage containers to preserve your ingredients for later application. Re-using these ingredient will not degrade your results as long as they’re preserved.
Ingredients You Will Need For Your Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
- 2 tablespoons of elderflower water. Elder flowers are in season from late May to early June and are found on elderberry plants in European countries and in Northern America. 1 ounce of elderflower water costs approximately $5-$6. If you’re really ambitious, you can make your elder water by bringing 6 cups of water to a light boil, lowering the temperature, and adding your elderberry flowers (about a cup.) Inside of your pot, use a flat heavy object (like a small brick) and place a bowl on top of that. Place a lid upside down over the bowl and put ice on top of the upside down lid. This will create condensation that will form inside of your bowl as it drips through the steeping process. Keep the temperature at a low heat for about two hours. Be sure to use filtered water instead of tap water to prevent chlorine and fluoride from being included in the mixture.
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil: Make sure your avocado oil is cold-pressed for quality. It’s best to buy your own avocado oil as making it is cost prohibitive. Avocado oil can be purchased at Walgreens or online in bulk.
- 2 tablespoons almond oil: Almond oil is plentiful in the marketplace. It is also easily absorbed into the skin and yields incredible results when trying to look a little younger.
- 4 teaspoons of wheat germ oil: This ingredient is also plentiful in the marketplace. be sure not to freeze as the ingredients will separate during the freezing process.
- 2 tablespoons of lanolin: Lanolin is found in the wool of sheep and extracted during the manufacturing process. In nature, lanolin is used to protect the skin of the sheep and makes an excellent skin protectant for humans. It also moisturizes the skin upon application.
- 2 tablespoons of glycerin: Glycerin will help to preserve your anti-wrinkle eye cream and will help smooth the overall mixture.
- 2 drops of geranium essential oil: This will add a pleasant smell to your concoction.
- 1 400 IU vitamin E capsule: Vitamin E will help reduce free radicals in the skin.
Now that you have the ingredients down, it’s time to start putting it all together.
The Process Of Making Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
- Step One: Warm the elderflower water on low heat. This is a separate process not associated with step 2.
- Step Two: Take a double boiler with approximately 3 cups of water and warm up the avocado, almond, and wheat germ oils. Stir in the lanolin and leave it there until it’s fully dissolved. Once dissolved, remove the entire mixture from heat.
- Step Three: Mix your warm elderflower water into the oil mixture from step two. Once these ingredients are thoroughly stir together, stir in your glycerin and geranium essential oil. Next, you will need to puncture your vitamin E capsule and squeeze it into your mixture. Be sure to stir the entire compound thoroughly ensuring all the ingredients come together.
- Step Four: Place your mixture into a seal-able, airtight, container and store it in a cool, dark location.
- Step Five: Apply your cream as needed to wrinkles around your eyes. You should start to see noticeable results within only a few days.
We hope this article saves you a ton of money! As you have probably discovered, anti-wrinkle eye cream can be very expensive. Lancome, for example, has a product called “Absolue Eye Premium βx” that sells for $100 per half ounce. The above homemade cream is significantly cheaper and will produce the same (or slightly better) effects as more expensive brands.
Be sure to share this article with your friends. They will thank you for years to come!
The video below shows how to throw together a simpler form of wrinkle cream. If anything, it illustrates the ease of this life changing solution.