“Jobs in Wichita Falls are plentiful with employers ready to hire you today! Use this short guide to get started on your job search and be sure to visit their web sites to see if you can match your expertise to their needs. You will find that opportunities abound and learn what is necessary to find the job that is right for you. To help you in your search you may want to consider what major employers are located in Wichita Falls and what they’re looking for within their work force. This article will give you the major employers in the area and give you an approximate salary range for various skill sets.”
- Sheppard Air Force Base, is a military base with approximately over 12,000 employees. To apply for appropriated fund jobs at Sheppard, just go to USAJOBS.GOV and apply.
- Wichita Falls Independent School District (ISD) has approximately over 2,000 employees working in the public school system. Their website has been down recently, but try to perform a Google search if you’re having trouble locating their web site. We believe they’re in the process of moving to new servers.
- North Texas State Hospital has two locations employing approximately 1,900 employees.
- City of Wichita Falls has approximately 1,300 employees working in city government.
- United Regional Healthcare System has approximately 1,800 employees.
- Midwestern State University hires over 1000 employees.
- The state maximum security prison, James V Allred Unit hires over 900 employees.
- Howmet Corp WF Casting Division for gas turbines and engine components has over 800 employees.
You may also find jobs in Wichita Falls Tx through the following from the following major employees:
- AT&T & AT&T Wireless – communication and customer service
- Work Service Corp – wood products, paper clips and sub-cont labor
- Burkburnett ISD – public school system
- Wichita County – county government services
- Wal-Mart Lawrence Road – department store
- Lear Siegler Service Inc – aircraft maintenance
More information on the major employers in Wichita Fall may be located in Wichita Falls Board of Commerce and Industry. While conducting your research, you’ll want to find out what you’re going to earn in advance of going after a given job. This helps to keep the expectation “real” with respect to salary. Considering your expertise the following will help you decide, based on average salary in Wichita Falls, which job is best for you.
Jobs with Annual Average Salary of $18,000 to $35,000 year
- woodworking machine operators
- library technicians
- pharmacy aides
- veterinary technicians
- product promoters
- office machine operators not computers
- sports book writers and runners
- opticians, dispensing
- healthcare support workers
- electronic equipment
- maintenance and repair workers
- refuse and recycle material collectors
- paving, surfacing and tamping equipment operators
- print machine operators
- tax preparers
- mixing and blending machine operators
- office and administrative support workers
Jobs with Annual Average Salary of $36,00 to $50,000
- training and development specialist
- occupational therapist
- computer support specialist
- compensation, benefits and job analyst specialist
- radiology technologist and technicians
- electrical power-line installers and repairers
- occupation health and safety specialist
- special education teachers, secondary school
- respiratory therapist
- construction and building inspectors
- industrial engineering technician
- fire fighters
- mechanical drafters
- medical and clinical laboratory technologist
- teachers and instructors, all other educators
- network and computer systems administrators
Jobs with Annual Average Salary of $51,000 to $75,000
- civil engineer
- computer programmers
- computer software engineer
- human resources specialist
- first-line supervisors/managers of police and detectives
- petroleum engineer
- electronic engineering technician
- computer system analysts
- postal service clerks
- engineering technicians other than drafters
When searching for jobs in this area, it’s important to find with are the most demanded skill sets in Wichita Falls. It is not something to complicate as most business are looking for self motivated individuals, who possess integrity and a sense of good work ethics. Most businesses require that you have good communications skills as well as the necessary training, experience or education for the desired position. Making sure that you evaluate your specific skills sets, analyze what income will fit your needs and find out if your current expertise may be considered for a position by major employers in Wichita Falls then you are well underway to available to you a variety of jobs in Wichita Falls, TX.
Congressman Thornberry toured small businesses in the Wichita Falls area to listen to their concerns and hear what they would like to see coming out of Washington.
We really hope y0u enjoyed the read.